After perhaps one of my lengthier junk food binges from early December (c’mon, it was Christmas) to late January (c’mon, it was my birthday), it was time for a little internal intervention.
1. Drinking litres of water a day has been amazing for my skin and general wellbeing but my bladder will lets me know about it. I feel genuine panic if I haven’t located the nearest bathroom because I’ll need it in approximately five minutes.
2. News flash, fresh produce goes bad quickly! Shout out to avocados here as those suckers do not hang around for no one. The solution? Getting creative with weird food combinations. Chicken? Yep. Avocado? Ok. What about this half a tub of cottage cheese? Why of course. Broccoli? Duh! At this point I’ll probably finish an opened tin of tuna too, just for good measure.
3. Working weird shift patterns mean that I often need a quick lunch or dinner so smoothies are my friend. If the main ingredient is Spinach, I feel like Popeye and I like that.
4. Eggs. All day, everyday. I seem to go through them like nobody’s bizzle. Breakfast, Post-workout snack. They are awesome!
5. I was recently bought a ridiculous amount of oreos and to prevent myself from eating them all in one sitting, I locked them in the boot of my car. My reluctance interact with the outside world outweighs my want for sweets. Simples.
Anyone else taking on a healthier lifestyle? Any other weird observations? I want to know what to expect!
P.S. Please don’t break into my car and steal the oreos.
P.P.S. I’ve moved the oreos back into the house. I trust no one!